The word "superfood" can be very misleading and also very intriguing. There are new studies and discoveries of how different plants can give you the best value payoff. Everyone has different needs for their bodies and daily lifestyle. Some of these foods can boost energy, balance moods and provide a lot more vitamins and nutrients than other vegetables. Below are some superfoods to be aware of and their benefits.
SpirulinaContains plenty of vitamin A, E, B complex and C
Is a rich source of minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron
Has plenty of antioxidants that help in getting rid of free radicals to keep you young and healthy
Has a unique blue green color that is pretty much one of the reasons why this superfood is a cancer fighter
Helps in building protein, which is even better than soy
- Increases stamina and libido
- Helps the endocrine system function properly, thereby eliminating hormonal imbalances
- Lowers anemia and alleviates menstrual discomfort and cramps
- Is also known to be effective in fighting stomach cancer and tuberculosis
- Rich source of fatty acids and sterols
- Has a good concentration of minerals such as calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus as well as vitamins such as B1, C, B2 and E
- Known to help women deal with menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes and mood swings
- Contain significant amounts of essential fatty acids such as Omega 3 and Omega 6 as well as monounsaturated oleic acid
- Extremely high in anthocyanins, a form of plant antioxidant associated with the ability to lower cholesterol levels in the blood stream
- Açaí berries are excellent in absorbing these free radicals
- Extremely high in many forms of plant phytochemicals (antioxidants), acai berries may contribute to an ability to slow or reverse typical processes of aging related to oxidative damage
- Similar to the benefits you get from eating other berries, goji berries are loaded with beta-carotene (a pigment found in plants and fruits) which helps promote healthy skin.
- Antioxidants are crucial to keep you young but also to improve vision and eyesight. can be added to tea or soups to make them healthier or you could just munch on them as you would with raisins.
- They are low in calories, fat-free and are packed with fiber
- Goji berries can also be blended into smoothies or juices or added to other recipes to fortify them.
- The magnesium in cacao is good for the heart, helps prevent constipation and even eases menstrual cramps.
- Cacao also has iron, which makes it a great weapon to fight against anemia.
- Cacao contains chromium, a trace mineral which works wonders to maintain the balance of blood sugar.
- Manganese, another trace mineral that can be found in cacao is great when it comes to building up of hemoglobin.
- Zinc, another mineral that cacao contains is known for its essential role in enhancing our immune system and clear up skin troubles
- Chia seeds are actually loaded with the most essential fatty acids of any known plant.
- Plus, one serving of the stuff is loaded with magnesium, iron, calcium, and potassium. a great plant source of omega 3 fatty acid.
- These seeds are a boost of energy and are great before a workout and for breakfast.
- Chia pudding is a great way to try as a breakfast food.
Find us on Instagram for more inspiration.